Friday, May 20, 2011

Lord, What Have I Done?

I don't believe all of this "end of the world on May 21" business. Jesus said that no man would know the day or hour of His second coming, and I take that quite literally.

That said, what if Jesus really did decide to come back to earth tomorrow? What if He comes back today? Or Sunday? Or in three years? It frightens me to think what He would say if I came before His throne right now. "Well done, good and faithful servant"? Somehow, I think not.

I've never really shared the Good News with anyone, which is a huge part of my reason for being alive. I've prayed for plenty of people, but it's usually muddled by distraction and half-hearted preoccupation. I often have a terrible attitude, even to those I those the most. I have a fear of witnessing, a fear of doing the wrong thing, a fear of doing the right thing. And I'm so confused.

Jesus, if you're reading this, please, please, help me get my act together. I am to be "alert and of sober mind" to be prepared for Your return, and I feel like a miserable failure. Show me Your Will and Your Way for my life, and give me the strength, courage, and wisdom to follow it.

4 comments:

  1. Abby, don't be discouraged. The main things is to know what you believe and why you believe it, know the scripture that supports it and to let the Holy Spirit lead. Don't try to manufacture opportunities to witness... pray that the Lord will place people in your path. When He does, pray that the Holy Spirit will guide your words... and go for it! The kind of fear that you're referring to is Satan trying to keep you down. We've all felt unsure of ourselves... just remember that your job with that person may only be to "plant a seed." For someone else it may be to "reap." Either way, "lean not on your own understanding"... pray for His guidance and He will not hang you out to dry. Most true conversions come out of relationship rather than witnessing as a "cold call." Don't forget you blog as well... here is another venue to witness! You also have to remember that your day-to-day walk and how you carry yourself is also a witness: modest dress and the demeanor of a Biblical femininity also speaks volumes to people. Dear Abby, don't fret... just pray and seek opportunities to share the Gospel in any number of ways. Sorry this was so lengthy... but you sounded like you needed a ** hug ** ! ~Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Shelly! You're right, I needed a hug, and that was a great encouragement. It's wonderful to know that there's someone like you out there in cyberspace, taking care of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. it was very helpful to me with some specific feelings I was having. That is witnessing to me...right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tara! That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails