Friday, February 17, 2012

What Do They See? What Do I See?


I wish that people could see all of the good of me and none of the bad.

I wish that people could see all of my talents and not see my downfalls.

I wish that people could see all of my knowledge and not see my ignorance.

I wish that people could see all of my love and not see my annoyance.

I wish that people could see that calm, productive, peacemaker side of me and not the flustered, lazy, argumentative side.

There are times when one looks at oneself and wonders, “What does everyone else see?”


There are times when one wonders, “Can they read my mind when I thank God for them? Do they know when I am praying for them?”

And then I realize that I see all the bad of people, and none of the good.

I realize that I see all of their downfalls, and not their talents.

I realize that I see all of their ignorance, and none of their knowledge.

I realize that I see all of their annoyance, and none of their love.

I always see the flustered, lazy, argumentative side of people, and not the calm, productive, peacemaker side of them.

How can I be such a hypocrite?

It’s easy, because we all have good days, and bad days. The key is grace, something that humanity couldn’t possibly function without.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.
    I needed this today, Abby.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Praise God for His Amazing Grace!

    Reminded me of this quote: For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
    Audrey Hepburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to comment, girls! I'm so glad that a little "rant" of mine helped you in some way.

    That is a great quote, Claire! I'll share it with my Facebook friends :)

    God Bless,
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails