Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Hello! I'm Abby Rogers, and if you're here you're probably like me, a homeschool girl who wants a little something just for her. I've been checking out sites with the words "homeschool" and "girl," and it's all mothers trying raise homeschool girls, either that or isolated girls writing for their friends. We really need something by us, for us, don't you think?
So here it is, my little piece of the internet, dedicated to all the girls out there who are pushing against the tide, perhaps against their own wills, and maybe not getting enough support from their "own kind."
This is a rebellion against all those who call us "unsocialized," "sheltered," "blue-jean-jumper wearing repressed" girls. We are the counter culture and for that we will be mocked and scoffed at, but we don't have to let that get us down!
I am a Christian, and I intend to write quite a bit about Christian subjects, but even if your beliefs don't line up with mine, I think that we're all in the same boat, homeschooling-ly. All of my posts won't exactly be about homeschooling, but they will be targeted to an audience like me.
So, here we go, my attempt at a blog. I can't promise a lot, but here goes, we're on an adventure together, trying to go against the flow and thrive!
Till later,
Abby

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I am one of those mothers who is going to start homeschooling her girls and boy as from September. It might be nice for them to know they're not alone from time to time.
    Will be dropping by every now and again
    Ange

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails