Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hopping Up on my Soapbox...


I haven't given my CLEP spiel yet, have I? Well here goes - Did you know that there is a way to do college that is kind of like the equivalent of homechooling in later life? It's an amazing thing called the College Level Education Program (CLEP), and it's college from home! If you are an expert on some subject because of your own extensive studying, you don't have to sit through hours of college lectures in order to get college credits for your knowledge!

All you have to do is brush up on the subject and then go to a test center where you sit down at a computer for about an hour and a half answering multiple-choice questions. If you get a certain number right, there ya go! 3, 6, or even 12 college credits are on your transcript, automatically. The test only costs about $80, compared to an entire semester of college, talk about a huge savings! All you have to do is study at your own pace, in your own home, until you feel comfortable with your knowledge, then you just get the credits! Oh, and it doesn't matter what age you are. Isn't that great? Now, granted, not every college accepts CLEP credits, but many do. It's an opportunity that I wouldn't pass up.

I've only been doing this for a couple of years, but I know people who have almost completed their entire degree this way, just test after test after test, quicker and cheaper than going to college. I find it quite enjoyable, myself.

So there we go, I'll get off my soapbox. I thought that you all needed to know about this program since I'll be blogging about my own college experiences, and this is the sort of thing I'll be doing. So, good luck with the rest of everyone's school week!
Au Revoir!
Abby Rogers 

P.S. In case you're interested in learning more about CLEP, here's a link:
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html

I also have a blog exclusively about CLEPing:
www.clepmeoutofhere.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails