All right girls, I'm back! And boy, have I been busy. The family is finally back home and we can get back to business as usual.
This vacation has reinforced my appreciation for homeschooling once again. It seems that just about everywhere we went there were very small crowds because it was the off-season. The hordes of schoolchildren were locked up in school while Aaron and I were able to tour the country! Man, do we have privileges, or do we have privileges? We must never take our lifestyle for granted, it is so rare and precious.
We actually came back a day earlier than planned because we were so eager to get home, can you believe it? Yep, that's what vacations will do to you. Mom actually found herself longing to wash dishes and clean the kitchen! I was ready to curl up in my beloved window seat, and Dad and Aaron really wanted to see our beloved family dog again.
So that is why I have decided to make a list of some favorite things about home. It's the things that you might not keep in mind all the time, but are very important. Here we go:
1. A big, comfy, familiar house
2. The trees, hundreds of them, just beginning to change colors
3. The fifteen acres I know so well
4. Our sweet little scum-covered pond
5. A big kitchen in which I can cook up a storm
6. The warmth and invitation I see everywhere here
7. My own little cottage garden
8. Memories that haunt every inch of this place
9. The view from our schoolroom window
10. A place for just about everything and everything just about in its place
11. Nice carpet
12. A desk of my own
I could list so many more, but there's a starter list. So, what do you love about your home? Leave a comment and let us all know. Do you adore the architecture? The backyard? The neighbors? Your own special nook that's just perfect for hot cocoa? Tell us!
Tata For Now,