- 'Tis the time of year when one's heart turns to thoughts of warm fires, chunky wool socks, and lots of laughter and cranberries. Well here's a recipe that is sure to heat up some cold, gray evenings around the dinner table: French Onion Soup! Here's a recipe I found on Recipezaar (from MizzNezz) that had a five star rating and a total of 106 reviews! It's gotta be good, so I decided to share it with you, hope you enjoy!!!
- MizzNess' Famous French Onion Soup
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1In soup pot, cook onions, sugar, and pepper in oil until caramelized (about 15-20 minutes).
3Add broth; bring to a boil.
4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5Ladle into ovenproof bowls.
6Top each with bread and cheese.