Monday, December 13, 2010

Sacrifices

Courtesy of theivorytower
   We writers have to make sacrifices. This is what I've learned. I used to think that I could do everything if I really wanted to. I could keep the house clean, study hard, and work while writing the great American novel, if I so chose. But lately the great words of my father have begun to sink in:


YOU CAN'T DO EVERYTHING

   Hmm. What a revelation! You fellow bloggers must know how tough this is. You sit down to write an inspiring post and whoops you find yourself on Facebook ten minutes later thinking: How did that happen? 
   So whether it's the floor going unswept, or the blog going untended for weeks on end, or dinner being leftovers again, it's inevitable if one wants to grind out a steady word count. Perhaps that's why I've been largely unsuccessful in the field of writing so far: I haven't been willing to put it high on my priority list.
   I've been doing better lately, though! My novel-in-process is up to roughly 16,400 words! Not quite where I should be according to NaNoWriMo, but way better than in the past.
   How about you? What kind of sacrifices do you have to make? What are you willing to do to follow whatever passion lingers in the back of your mind?

Cheers,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails