Monday, April 11, 2011

Muffin Monday: Marmalade


Here's a recipe I nabbed from TinySmiles.blogspot.com. The author whipped it up as a snack for her kids. I adore oranges, so this looks yuuuummy!

INGREDIENTS:
Zest of 2 oranges                                 
½ lb butter, softened
1 cup water                              
2 eggs
2 cups flour                               
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda                      
1 cup packed brown sugar
 
METHOD:
Zest the oranges.  Cream the butter and sugar together.  Mix the eggs in until well blended.  Add the flour.  In a small bowl combine the baking soda and buttermilk.  Add the buttermilk mixture to the other batter and mix until just blended.  Add the orange zest and mix.  Grease any size muffin tin that you want and fill 2/3 full.  Bake for 12-17 minutes at 375ยบ until light brown.
------------------------------------------------------
Just a few notes:
1.  I didn't have any buttermilk I just mixed 1Tbs vinegar per cup of milk. It works great!
3. I used half wheat flour half all purpose. It tasted great.
4. I got this recipe from abundant harvest which is a super great produce service that we get most of our fruit and vegetables from now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails