Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Do Different


be different by crowfoot


I am (finally) getting around to reading The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World by Chris Guillebeau. Some title, eh?

I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the eBook, but I'm loving it. This looks like the perfect book for someone bent on living a life with wings. Here are a few things I've learned so far (I'll write an in-depth review once I've finished the book):
  • Fear is normal.
  • Extraordinary things are happening all the time. Why not to you?
  • You don't need much, just determination and some dangerous ideas.
  • Take your dreams and ambitions very seriously.
  • Life is short! Don't waste any more time.
Who are you? A teenage girl trying to figure out life? A middle-aged homeschooling mother of three? A fifty-something cubicle dweller with nothing better to do than to read some random girl's blog? Whoever you are, you can be extraordinary. But you'll never be anything until you start doing different. 

We've all heard it, "Always do what you've always done and you'll always get what you've always got." Life just works that way. Live with it. Live abundantly with it. 

Chris has inspired me to take action on something I've been contemplating for a while: just getting in the car with money, a cell phone, and maybe my laptop, and driving somewhere to just do something different. Not sure what that's going to look like yet, but it sounds fun, doesn't it? What can you do today--tomorrow, this week--that would be completely out of the ordinary, weird, even impractical?



be different, a photo by crowfoot on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave many comments, I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails