I'm asking for a show of hands: how many of you would love to live as mediocre a life as possible?
OK, now that those people have been escorted out of the blogosphere, I'll turn to the rest of you normal ones. What is the point of living your one life if it's boring, pointless, or just plain stupid? Some people live like they're trying their best to be a cautionary tale!
Don't be that guy.
The motto behind living "a life with wings" is to fly as far as possible away from the mediocre and toward a God who has the whole world in his hands. What does a life like that look like? Here are a few pointers:
- It is driven by a passion. Floating aimlessly through life will not give you the best results (unless you're Forrest Gump).
- It is goal oriented. Not fluffy dreams, not hopeless resolutions, just concrete goals.
- It is full of meaningful relationships. What is the point of a life lived alone? No man is an island.
- Take baby steps and enjoy the journey. Every day can have something wonderful, you just have to find it.
- Expect miracles. Don't just believe in them, look for them around every corner!
- Live like you were dying. Think about it. What would you do? Now make that a priority.
- Abandon yourself to God. Hold nothing back and trust him completely. What do you have to lose?
I'm just starting my life "for real". I've always been a kid before, but things are going to get very serious very soon. I will have the chance to forge my own life story, my own destiny and future. I can put it into God's hands, I can follow his will, or I can go my own way. I can live for the moment, I can live for the past, I can live for the future. There are choices to be made--choices we all have to make every day of our lives.
"Always live your life with your biography in mind." —Gareth van Meer
Would you be interested in reading your own biography if you died right now? If not, change something! Stop existing and start living. Start living a life with wings!